There are multiple different types of best virus protection software, so it can be difficult to decide which one to use. This blog will take a look at the different types of Norton antivirus protection software. This blog will give some suggestions on why to choose the Norton best virus protection software.
Best Virus Protection must require for each and every PC. There are large numbers of anti-viruses and more appear consistently. They regularly take the most unanticipated forms. They know your weak points extremely well. And they can do a lot more damage. A mind teaser? No, an upsetting reality. We are discussing a threat that affects anyone who uses a PC – viruses.
So how can you deal with the threat? You can simply hope that it doesn’t happen to me. You can trust your luck. But, what if it does?
The second option is to have preventative ways to help minimize your PC’s exposure to the computer virus threat. The first step to make sure you’re completely the best virus protection is to test your PC for possible infection. This is done using Norton anti-virus software. There are factors that increase your risk of getting viruses.
Factors that Increase Risk and Need Best Virus Protection
- Do you borrow floppy disks from someone?
- Did someone install music or programs from their PC onto a CD-ROM?
- Do you connect to the Internet?
- Do you use e-mail?
- Are your PCs stand-alone or connected together?
- Does more than one person use your PC?
- Do you use chat room software?
This past year, the following entry points were used to attack a PC with a virus:
- Email: 83%
- Internet downloads: 15%
- Web browsing: 7%
- Auto software distribution: 2%
- Floppy disks, CD-ROMs – 5%
- Other: 2%
The numbers overlap 100% due to multiple methods a virus can transfers.
In order to block each virus point, one can do the following:
- Download or purchase in a store anti-virus software. The two main companies are Symantec’s Norton Anti-virus and McAfee’s anti-virus software. There are others, but these two have a fair share of the marketplace.
- Keep this software updated. Daily updates are not too often.
- Have the software on auto-detect.
- Don’t give your email address to people you do not know.
- Do not continually sign up for e-mail subscriptions.
- Try not to open attachments from people if you do not know them.
- Make sure that your anti-virus software is set to scan your e-mail real-time. After the fact could be too late.
- Avoid downloading games, etc. on your PC unless it is from a reputable dealer and they have a secured site.
- Avoid pages that say – Can you give us permission to install a program on your PC, unless again, it is from a reputable site.
CDs and floppy disks:
- Avoid using floppies and CDs from unknown origins.
- Check and scan any floppy or CD inserted on your system.
Why Require Anti-Virus
There is no such thing as 100% virus-free protection. The only thing we can do is to help minimize the exposure to viruses and to help prevent a virus from going on your PC.
Let’s take a look at the following situation:
Say it is Tuesday morning and you just updated your PC with anti-virus software updates. It is now 3:30 in the afternoon. A new virus invented this Tuesday afternoon was just deploying through e-mail. You receive an e-mail containing this new virus. You open up the attachment. Your PC is now infected.
Why you might ask?
The virus software program was not aware that a new virus was born. This new virus, unless it is copied some other strain of the virus can go around undetected. The virus companies become aware of new viruses from people like us. And the software companies update their software to prevent it in the future. Sometimes it’s the same day, sometimes the next day or longer. It all depends on how quickly they come up with a “fix”.
You did prevent any other viruses from going on your system by downloading the updates. You are only exposed for a small amount of time to any “new” viruses.
The best thing we can hope for is to be in a preventative mode and get rid of the thought “It can’t happen to me”. Because it is just a matter of time before it will happen to you. Another preventative measure is making sure that all of your data is backed up to a CD, external drive, or floppy disk. Something really important to you could easily be erased if a virus did hit your personal PC.
So, if you like this article about Best Virus Protection then please comment. For some more useful and informative articles, please visit www.uniqueincs.com. And you also find some great Digital Marketing Products with Discounts.
If you are really interested to keep your PC virus-free with Norton antivirus software then please click the below Buy Now button. You will get instant access to full details of the Norton Antivirus Software before you buy it. I suggest you visit the website page as it will provide you with a more deep knowledge of the antivirus software. You can even get a great price on Norton software as well.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Best Antivirus Software, Get the Most Value for Your Money in 2021?